/\ Time Lines /\
- From the article: "It seems to have occurred to none of them that there is a principled, left-wing basis upon which to oppose Putin’s reactionary invasion of Ukraine...
This opposition, rooted in the struggle to unify workers in Ukraine, Russia, and internationally in a global anti-war movement, does not require that one adapt to the predatory interests of the imperialist powers or cover up the role of fascism in Ukraine. It does not oblige one to maintain a shameful silence about the fact that among the NATO powers’ allies in their battle for a “democratic and independent Ukraine” are far-right nationalists and fascists whose political forefathers collaborated with the Nazis during World War II."
- That's more than the next 11 countries combined. We're going to need a war just to 'justify' that much money.
- "Ninety-five of Afghans don’t have enough to eat. Nearly nine million are at risk of starvation...The current humanitarian crisis could kill far more Afghans than the past 20 years of war,” David Miliband, president of the International Rescue Committee, wrote recently."
- "Yesterday, Biden’s emergency call went to Prime Ministers Boris Johnson (UK), Justin Trudeau (Canada), and Mario Draghi (Italy); Presidents Emmanuel Macron (France), Andrzej Duda (Poland) and Klaus Iohannis (Romania), German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and EU and NATO officials. According to a White House report, they pledged to impose massive consequences and severe economic costs on Russia..."
Read that as economic hardship on the working class of all those countries while the military contractors will celebrate with champagne and cavier in board rooms around the world.
- "Retired Pentagon officials on the payroll of the defense industry are presented as "experts," often with no disclosure of their financial conflicts of interest."
This is all based on new intelligence information which of course cannot be disclosed, just like WMDs. Just trust us!
- "I remember WMDs in Iraq"
The reporter could also have mentioned "" in oil-rich Libya. The Obama/Clinton bombings only , but . Not to mention dozens of other such invasions and false flag events since before the sinking of the USS Main in 1898, and outlined in the book "War Is A Racket", by the in US history at the time of his death.
- Doctors Without Borders: “It is impossible to know how many people have been killed. It seems to have been a horrific act of violence.”
No doubt we will find out over the coming days and weeks how many civilians/children were murdered.
- As a result of Biden's sanctions on Afghanistan: 1 million Afghani children may starve this winter unnecessarily; more Afghans will die as a result of sanctions than at the hands of the Taliban.
- "The US promised protection to the locals it relied on during the war. When it withdrew, it abandoned thousands to the Taliban."
This will be Joe Biden's legacy. He is totally incompetent for the office to which Jim Clyburn and the rest of the Democratic party appointed him.
- "A trove of unreleased documents reveals a dispiriting record of misjudgement, hubris and delusion that led to the fall of the Western-backed government."
- US supplied weapons will continue to be used to slaughter Yemeni civilians. What say you Democrats? Absolutely no difference.
- That's $25 billion more than requested by President Biden and by the Pentagon itself, $38 billion more than Trump's last budget, and for the 10 year, $3.5 trillion reconciliation package.
- Both Bush and Obama engaged in torture. Obama had the official report on torture buried and then destroyed and then appointed the person who deleted it appointed to head up the CIA.
- . Chris Hedges .
- Biden was of a swift Taliban takeover as soon as he pulled US forces out. It .
- "An estimated two hundred thousand Afghans who were unable to get out now face retaliation from the Taliban." “There is no system. The system has collapsed.” “Where is the moral courage?”
- Biden said he made his decision to exit Afghanistan the way he did based on a 'consensus' of his foreign policy advisors. In other words, he just took a vote, majority wins. It doesn't appear that he used any sort of judgement/discretion/intuition of his own. Therefore, we can conclude that the majority of his advisors are inept. But none of them have been removed, no reorg, no nothing.
Because of this ineptitude, 182+ people and 13 US service members are dead. Thousands of Afghans who assisted the US military during the war will probably be rewarded for their loyalty to the USA by having their throats cut and their family members murdered.
Angela Merkel's that the pullout was the "biggest debacle" that NATO has ever seen. The U. K., which has been the second largest supplier of troops to Afghanistan, is as an ally.
We should all join with Col. Scheller and demand 'accountability'.
- Now there IS no purpose. Initiated by 9/11, all of our efforts have failed abjectly. We're done. America is over.
In : "The bleak economic landscape, with its decay and hopelessness, will accelerate an array of violent and self-destructive pathologies including mass shootings, hate crimes, opioid and heroin overdoses, morbid obesity, suicides, gambling, and alcoholism. The state will increasingly dispense with the fiction of the rule of law to rely exclusively on militarized police, essentially internal armies of occupation."
The will arrive any day now.
- Beginning to wonder about Biden's mental status. At 78 years old, it wouldn't be 'early onset'.
- "The United States’ hasty, ill-planned withdrawal was one last favor for the Taliban."
- One has to wonder if James Clyburn is still proud of his endorsement that effectively threw the Democratic nomination to Biden over Bernie Sanders. Perhaps someone should ask him.
- A short article with some amazing and also disgusting numbers.
- 172,000+ lives lost, including 47,245 civilians, 2,448 US service members. Thousands of American veterans will need physical and mental support for the rest of their lives. Getting out was the right thing to do, but the dishonorable way in which Biden directed the military to do it is unnecessarily tragic and disgusting. He is inept and possibly at age 78 in cognitive decline.
Taliban take complete control of Kabul. They simply walked in with no resistance, as Afghan soldiers melted away.
- "It’s a dishonorable end that weakens U.S. standing in the world, perhaps irrevocably." what Chris Hedges had to say on 7/26, correctly predicting everything that has happened since.
- From just before the collapse. Biden (just like Trump) blames everyone else: Afghan military, Afgan government, refugees that didn't head the mythical warnings to get out.
- "The war that Americans forgot is ending in chaos and secrecy...The conflict will cost taxpayers more than two trillion dollars, including veteran care and interest on war borrowing, according to the Costs of War project at Brown University, which also estimates that more than a hundred and seventy thousand people died in the conflict, counting Afghan forces, Taliban fighters, and contractors. That figure includes twenty-four hundred U.S. troops and forty-seven thousand civilians who died in a project that failed at its most basic goal of defeating the Taliban, who are now surging back to seize control of districts and, according to human-rights groups, carrying out organized revenge killings."
- "The Biden Administration’s rapid and poorly planned withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan has spurred a debate over the moral responsibility that America bears to its partners in a failed foreign intervention." That's an understatement. This is about to get ugly and very bloody, and the victims will all be those who tried to help the USA. Some gratitude.
- Chuckle-head frat boy, the guy who started the war sheds tears for Afghan women, when it was clear from the very beginning of the invasion that this day would come eventually. He nearly had Al Queda defeated, whereupon we could have brought our troops home. But he took his eyes off the ball and turned to weapons-of-mass-destruction Iraq and started nation building in both countries. This same thing will happen in Iraq eventually. His statement is the ultimate in hypocrisy and stupidity.
- He's seeking another $43 Billion, despite his criticisms of this exact strategy during his candidacy.
- America spends $2 Billion per day, mostly to private defense contrators. Maybe they should get a little less and poor people a little more?
- All of them, including Rachal Maddow, are nothing more than repeating spokespeople for CIA state propaganda. , ,, and many more too numerous to mention.
- This is a direct violation of to end such support. Meanwhile in Yemen continues, with in targeting and refueling. No change, no difference. Big payday for Lockheed Martin.
- Over the last decade, American taxpayers have provided in aid to Camaroonian security forces.
- Bipartisan support for continual expansion of the war-pig trough leaves American families to the vagaries of capitalist devils.
- Defense contractors and neo-cons are now back in charge, guaranting perpetual monster defense budgets and perpetual war. An opportunity squandered. Very sad and depressing. The opposite of progressive.
America At War With the World