/\ Time Lines /\
- Again? This is Zuckerbergs 2022 version of the annual apology tour. It's been going on . It's always some variation on: 'We had no idea or intention for the data to be used against our users, so we're going to work real real hard to make sure this never happens again.' Congress will do nothing and we'll be right back here again next year.
Surveillance and . It to regulate itself, and . It uses a , and to keep its users hooked. It is .
- Although are doing a damn fine job of it so far.
- Chemicals that are banned in Europe will continue to plague pollinators in the US for at least 15 more years.
Although this is an EPA decision, it is bound to have been reviewed by the Dept. of Agriculture which is headed by a purely political appointment
Tom Vilsack is the current Sec. of Agriculture. He was appointed by Obama and then again by Biden. He is a total industry insider.
Biden appointed former Biotech Governor of the Year Monsanto provided the jet that Vilsack used to travel the state of Iowa during his gubernatorial campaign.
- Like from Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden.
- "Last week, lawmakers Antigone Davis, Facebook’s global head of safety, and accused the company of “routinely” putting growth above children’s safety."
- "Facebook has been used as a tool for violence and abuse in country after country."
- For the first time ever, Apple admits that it could be and has been hacked.
-The study found that they could afford the entire infrastructure costs plus tuition for 5.5 million community college students and could feed 29 million low-income public school kids over the summer. Why not? Capitalism
- Previously they represented large defense contractors, the health insurance industry, pharmaceutical, big tech, cybersecurity, telecommunications, AT&T, Boeing, FedEx, etc. The Office of the President is now brought to you by WestExec. There will be during the Biden administration.
- Their tax return data "demolishes the cornerstone myth of the American tax system: that everyone pays their fair share and the richest Americans pay the most."
Between 2014 and 2018, the wealth of the 25 richest Americans increased by $401 Billion. They paid only 3.4% in tax. The typical American family . Imagine what 24% of $401 Billion ($96 Billion) could do for American poverty, health care, education, infrastructure.
- 'Free' people can be kept enslaved by permanent debt, if they can be paid wages that are less then their cost of living.
M-a-P Capitalism before WWII >
Industrial Capitalism: WWII - 1970 - M-a-P coexisted with large manufacturers designed to create real goods and services. Unions and corporations, roughly equal in economic power, quasi-collaborated (with the federal government acting as referee) to keep wages livable and profits adequate, very low inflation, GDP grew slowly Govt. intervention?>
Predatory Capitalism: constant propaganda from bought-out media outlets create a popular outlook that makes unions look like villans, causing them to loose membership and power. Lacking any effective checques and balances, a few of these corporations gradually rise to the top, then merge, concentrating power in the very few. Many of these corporations now produce no goods or services, but rather exist to exploit the rental value of their assets, spend a great portion of their earnings on buying back their own shares. Economy, inflation became more volatile, boom and bust, periods of fast growth for the few, then recession for all, repeated boom/bust >
Philanthro-capitalism: the multi-billionaires, in order to shield themselves from taxes and a predatory capitalist image create foundations or LLCs that are designated as having charitable purposes but remain under the ownership and control of the donors, who can invest the funds in ways that serve their corporate interests. The responsibility for public goods and services is gradually transferred from democratic institutions to the wealthy, who are looking after no one but themselves. >
Techno-Feudalism: All assets are owned by the very few. New-day serfs are 'happy and own nothing'. Any that get out of line can easily be tracked and dealt with by the completely invasive mass surveillance tools now available to the techno-feudal lords who control all of the assets.
corporate model overhaul (bring democracy to the market place and the job - one employee, one vote),
land-value tax: a tax on the rental income – the “unearned income” – of land, natural resources and monopoly takings - returning a portion of the land to the commons;
banking system reform: banks operated as a public utility could allocate credit for productive purposes serving the public interest;
patent law reform
- "...despite the highly meme-able frivolity associated with stimulus payments on social media, a study of by the Federal Reserve of New York revealed that only 29 percent of payments went toward consumption while the rest either went directly into debt repayment or savings."
- An amazing list of corporate blue bloods whose whole lives have been spent defending the largest multi-national corporations against anti-trust and criminal prosecutions. There will be on the part of the Biden Administration. See entry of 1/28.
- Oracle joins and Amazon in helping the Chinese government spy on its people's every move. Coming soon .
- Prime targets: labor organizers and journalists
- "On Tuesday, the company also reached a $61.7 million settlement with the Federal Trade Commission over charges it stole tips from its Amazon Flex drivers over two-and-a-half years. Amazon used the tips earned by the Flex drivers to pay the wages of these hourly workers, who don’t receive any benefits and make deliveries in their own vehicles." What kind of person does this?
Watch PBS sometime.
- There will be in the Biden Administration.
and - "The worth of the 10 richest men has grown by half a $Trillion since the pandemic began."
- Vilsack was originally a dairy industry and Monsanto lobbyist, and eventually by shuttling around the state in a Monsanto Lear jet. Then Obama named him Secretary of Agriculture. His record since this has been abysmal, as this article details.
Another of Biden’s pro-corporate reruns, setting the stage for 2024 when all of the disillusioned young and minority voters who got out the vote for Biden will stay home, thus re-electing another Trump-esqe thug. Rank and file democrats are doing nothing about it. They will have only themselves to blame.
- "...between March 18th and December 7th, Musk’s worth rose by $118.5 billion, Bezos’s worth rose by $71.4 billion, and Zuckerberg’s worth rose by $50.1 billion. The other five—Ellison, Page, Brin, Gates, and Ballmer—each saw gains of between twenty billion and thirty billion dollars. As a result of these developments, the report adds, Musk, Zuckerberg, and Gates have joined Bezos as “centi-billionaires,” meaning that each is now worth more than a hundred billion dollars
...and at least 10.7 million Americans are without jobs...The collective wealth gain of roughly a trillion dollars that the billionaires have enjoyed is more “than it would cost to send a stimulus check of $3,000 to every one of the roughly 330 million people in America”
- Adewale Adeyemo will be Yellen's deputy Treasury Secretary. He worked for in Obama's Treasury Dept. He and Larry Summers came up with the idea of Quantitative Easing which gave in corporate welfare to the banking sector. When he left Treasury he went to work for BlackRock.
- $2 Trillion in cash and tax breaks most of which went to the richest 1%. Also , , , .
- Google, IBM, ,
- Study by Princeton and Northwestern Universities. The study focused on 1,779 policy issues and found that in all cases, the preferences of the wealthy economic elite were enacted into law, while “the preferences of the average American appear to have only a minuscule, statistically non-significant impact upon public policy.” A study in the corroborates that conclusion. to low income Americans and more responsive to the wealthy than Republicans.
From the article: “American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it's pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation's "news" media). The U.S., in other words, is basically similar to Russia or most other dubious "electoral" "democratic" countries.”
We live in a corporate dictatorship. The viewpoints of the average American voter do not count in the slightest.
See also .
- For the record, the inventor: Jack St. Claire Kilby of Texas Instruments (1960). Another case where the federal govt. financed an innovation, and private investors reaped all of the profits. Touted at the time as the result of American exceptionalism.