/\ Time Lines /\
- Fudge's appointment to HUD was a consolation prize. Her expertise is in Agriculture, but Biden had already put Obama-retread, corporate servant in that spot. Biden's approach to filling cabinet positions appears to be in some ways as Trump's.
- "...when you sow the seeds of greed — domestically, inequality; globally, imperial tentacles, 800 military units abroad, violence and AFRICOM in Africa, supporting various regimes, dictatorial ones in Asia and so forth — there is a connection between the seeds that you sow of violence externally and internally. Same is true in terms of the seed of hatred, of white supremacy, hating Black people, anti-Blackness hatred having its own dynamic within the context of a predatory capitalist civilization obsessed with money, money, money, domination of workers, marginalization of those who don’t fit ... So, it’s precisely this convergence...of the ways in which the American Empire, imploding, its foundations being shaken, with uprisings from below...the failures of the predatory capitalist economy to provide the satisfaction of the basic needs of food and healthcare and quality education, jobs with a decent wage, at the same time the collapse of your political class, the collapse of your professional class. Their legitimacy has been radically called into question, and that’s multiracial. It’s the neofascist dimension in Trump. It’s the neoliberal dimension in Biden and Obama and the Clintons and so forth. And it includes much of the media. It includes many of the professors in universities. The young people are saying, “You all have been hypocritical. You haven’t been concerned about our suffering, our misery. And we no longer believe in your legitimacy.” And it spills over into violent explosion."
- He's a domestic terrorist pure and simple. Also see , and .
"But white evangelical Protestants, once again, overwhelmingly supported President Trump in the election, despite his denialism about the pandemic, which has now killed more than three hundred thousand people in the United States, and his utter lack of compassion for its victims. Many churches, particularly conservative ones, fought lockdown orders and rebuffed public-health warnings about large indoor gatherings. The virus has swept through houses of worship across the country. In the end, of the church in the pandemic may very well be that of an unmasked choir at First Baptist Church, in Dallas, led by the pastor, Robert Jeffress, a staunch Trump supporter, singing in front of Vice-President Mike Pence at a “Freedom Sunday” service, as the reported a record high for COVID-19 cases."
According to their own scripture this is how we will all be judged: "“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.”
And: "...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me...Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me...And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."
- Biden packs his transition team with bank and corporate lobbyists, neo-cons, neo-libs. Progressives? Zero.
- the duly elected president of Balarus
- Richmond previously represented the poorest district in America, into which the Oil & Gas Industry pumps huge amounts of raw waste, devastating its residents' health. The Industry that contributed the most to his political career: .
- Major supplier to Saudi Arabia in its ongoing slaughter of Yemenis. Primary manufacturer of drone/drone swarm technologies. Merged with United Technologies on 4/3/20. Were awarded in defense contracts in 2019.
- "Biden is a Washington creature with a mutli-decade support for wars and militarism."
- neo-lib, neo-con, pro-war corporate toady, who opposes and undermines progressive policy at every opportunity. Along with John Podesta, Tom Perez and the rest of the DNC she was primarily responsible for the removal of the ban on fracking and the support for a carbon tax, the support for M4A and a $15 minum wage from the platform and the support for TPP and the Israeli Occupation to be included in it. These are the people who are responsible for the disastrous H. Clinton campaign strategy which failed horribly against the 2nd worst candidate in history, and gave us 4 years of cheeto-head. While promoting her identity, and her mother's upbringing by using entitlements, she has often said that entitlements should be 'on the table' with cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. She is against cancelling student-load debt, a $15 hourly wage and M4A. She is the definition of neo-liberal. She is 'more of the same' from the DNC, which is the reason that most working Americans stayed home in 2016.
- BlackRock is a major fossil fuel infrastructure and Saudi Arabian financing agent.
- All of the things Biden could do on Day 1, regardless of Congress and without abusing executive authority.
- As head of his National Economic Council.
- "Black voters waited in 10-hour lines to show up for Joe Biden. Now Biden needs to return the favor."
- "“Con versus coup” might be a false dichotomy. A coup is a power claim made illegitimately...A con is an illegitimate act of persuasion. A coup always begins as a con. If the con is successful—if the power claim is persuasive—then a coup has occurred." Contains the story of Tatyana Malkina. Gessen also wrote of how the unsubstantiated connections between the Trump administration and Russia first got started in the American press, and eventually became the "Russia Hacked the Election" mantra/canard.
- Biden could: 1. Make sure the Fed dedicates itself to creating jobs and growing the economy. 2. Forgive the first $50,000 of student debt by executive order. 3. Direct the Labor Dept. to block companies from cheating workers out of overtime. 3. Deschedule marijuana at the federal level - in states controlled by Democrats, expunge criminal records and restore voting rights. 4. Direct the Treasury Dept. to and encourage renewables. The "" offers .
- Just more Democrap lesser-of-two-evils sell out.
for senior adviser, White House Office of Public Engagement.
, Big Pharma lobbyist, for Senior Counselor.
probable for OMB.
Deb Halland considered for Sec. of Interior
Ron Klain chief of staff.
"for Democrats to allow Mitch McConnell to rob this majority of governing would be really terrible for all the Democrats who poured their heart out for Joe Biden and wanted bold action and fundamental change."
- Biden taps former DuPont front man to join his EPA transition team.
- Neo-lib barely won back her seat. lost hers. And yet they are trying to tell the rest of the party how to run. Note that that signed onto M4A won their race.
- "White supremacists and other like-minded extremists conducted two-thirds of the terrorist plots and attacks in the United States in 2020."
- Orchestrated by BlackRock CEO Larry Fink. In the running: BlackRock Investment Institute Chairman Tom Donilon, BR investment strategist Brian Deese, BlackRock chief investment strategist Mike Pile,
- Currently about live in dire poverty (less than $1.90/day). That number has been dwindling over the last decade. But now, due to Covid and climate change it is turning back up. Many of these may soon become climate refugees. For reference there are currently about. Worldwide, climate change could easily increase that number 10 fold. What would that world be like?
- Domestic Terrorist pure and simple.
- The data was revised after this article was published - an A-F was linked to one. Per the Georgetown University : Number of victims of leftwing activists in the US in the last 24 years: zero. Victims of American white-supremacists and rightwing extremists during the same period: 329. The . A little more about the .
- Up until this point . Clyburn changed the whole Democratic nomination process. As a result, we now have a president who caters to the corporate class instead of the working class, a candidate that made all sorts of promises about climate change and then did the opposite, a disasterous withdrawal from Afghanistan. This is what the Democratic party is all about.
- By now it’s clear that both Bush and Obama , , with a lot of help from and , and . Then Obama made sure the 6,700-page Senate torture report and then , and so no one would ever be held accountable, and .
From the article: “The 6,700-page report, the product of years of work by the Senate Intelligence Committee, contains meticulous details, including original CIA cables and memos, on the agency’s use of waterboarding, sleep deprivation and other aggressive interrogation methods at “black site” prisons overseas. A 500-page executive summary was released in December 2014 by Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the committee’s outgoing chair. It concluded that the CIA’s interrogations were far more brutal than the agency had publicly acknowledged and produced often unreliable intelligence.”
As this article points out, Gina Haspel was the operative that actually did the deleting. Then Obama signed the which allows the president to indefinitely detain anyone in the world for any reason, or no reason. The only person ever convicted of any torture related item was . Rethuglicans and Democraps are equally to blame. Combine this with , and , , , , , and , and it adds up to a corporate police state.
See entries of 12/27/13 and 2/11/13.
- Chris Hedges: “We live in a system where, under Section 1021 of the National Defense Authorization Act, the executive branch can put the soldiers in the streets, in clear violation of the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act, to see—carry out extraordinary rendition of American citizens who are deemed to be "terrorists," strip them of due process and hold them indefinitely in military facilities, including in our black sites. We are a country that engages in torture. We’ve seen, under Obama, an assault against civil liberties that has outstripped what George W. Bush carried out. We’ve seen the executive branch misinterpret the 2001 Authorization to Use Military Force Act as giving itself the right to assassinate American citizens, including children...on the issue of the destruction of civil liberties, including our right to privacy—and I speak as a former investigative journalist, which doesn’t exist anymore because of wholesale government surveillance—we have no ability, except for hackers.”
- This article easily deserves a second read after some clear self- reflection. “former Bush DOJ official Jack Goldsmith - who provided the legal authorization for the illegal Bush NSA warrantless eavesdropping program - that Obama was not only continuing the core Bush/Cheney approach to terrorism, but even better (from his perspective), was strengthening those policies far beyond what Bush could achieve by transforming Democrats from opponents of those policies into supporters.” ... “On MSNBC, Obama aides and pundit-supporters now do their best Sarah Palin impression by those who think the President should be constrained in his militarism and anyone who questions the military (in between or given his own monument).” ... “Democratic partisans owe a public, sincere, and abject apology to George Bush and Dick Cheney. It's certainly true that Obama has not continued many of the policies progressives found so heinous: he hasn't invaded Iraq or legally authorized waterboarding. But Obama has about Bush and Cheney regarding the need for due process for accused Terrorists, the dangers of radical secrecy, the treatment of Terrorism as a war on a global battlefield rather than a crime to be prosecuted.” ... “It's lowly reality TV viewing and rank cultural tribalism masquerading as political ideology.”
- "The problem is not about the mail volume going down, and problem is not the internet. The problem is not even private competition. The problem is a pre-funding mandate that Congress imposed in 2006 that the Postal Service pre-fund retiree health benefits 75 years in advance."...and to do it over a 10 year period. "The American Postal Workers Union says the law’s requirements account for 100 percent of the service’s $20 billion in losses over the previous four years, without which the service would have turned a profit."
Who wins if the Postal Service goes away? FedEx and UPS
Who looses? The American people, expecially the elderly, poor people, the disabled, small-business owners, rural residents because they can't afford the alternatives.
- Remember the stories about Nuremberg? When, after WWII, the Nazis were brought before the international court and were asked about why they murdered 6,000,000 defenseless Jewish people? And their answer was, “We were just following orders?” And then those Nazis were executed, and we told the world that ‘We were just following orders’ is not an excuse. Remember that? Well Obama and Holder have just made that a legal excuse again.
Obama torture links: