/\ Time Lines /\
- Synopsis: Before WWII there was no agency doing any sort of surveillance of foreign countries or US citizens other than rudimentary efforts by the FBI under Hoover.
, 1947, signed by Truman, established the CIA.
Eisenhower appointed Allen Dulles as Director. His brother John Foster Dulles served as Secretary of State. Eisenhower effectively allowed Allen to do as he pleased. The CIA became highly secretive and effectively served as a shadow government during that time. It was the secrecy even from the president that led to...
, 1/17/61, military-industrial complex.
JFK fired Dulles in 1961 as a result of the Bay of Pigs.
The CIA and NSA continued to grow in power and operated with increasing secrecy until the Church Committee investigation in 1975 which was a direct result of the break-in of the DNC (6/17/72) and Nixon's resignation (8/9/74). The two ringleaders of the 'plumbers' were Howard Hunt (CIA) and G. Gordon Libby (FBI).
and - $855 B welfare for defense contractors, increased funding for ICE and DHS
- ..."following Biden Administration guidance."
- From the article: "The measure is designed to expose the funders of the dark-money front groups that have proliferated since the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision, in 2010. Since then, there has been an explosion of anonymized campaign spending by a tiny but extraordinarily wealthy group of donors, including in this year’s races."
"As Sheila Krumholz, the executive director of the nonpartisan group Open Secrets, recently told the Times, “We’ve broken records with our broken records.” Her organization estimated that total spending in the 2021 and 2022 midterm races would reach $16.7 billion, easily surpassing the previous midterm record of fourteen billion dollars, set in 2018. More than fifteen per cent of the total spent on federal races, according to the Times, has been contributed by billionaires, of whom there are fewer than eight hundred nationwide. Because contributions are often transferred from one shell group to another before reaching the group that actually spends the money, the original donors often remain untraceable. The system has proved to be a bonanza for self-serving, and critics say corrupt, private interests."
- According to , GA goes from a "Most Repressive" state to just a "Repressive" state. Praise the Lord!!!
- "After a state official tried to bestow the trophy on Lake at her campaign headquarters, she snarled at the six-inch plastic figurine and drop-kicked it across the room.
Refusing to concede defeat, Lake instead lashed out at the woman who had just vanquished her. “Katie Hobbs is totally unqualified to lead Arizona into the nineteenth century,” she said."
- "Since the landmark Supreme Court ruling in Citizens United v. FEC in 2010 paved the way for super PACs to raise unlimited cash from corporations, unions and individuals, outside spending has soared. Super PACs may spend unlimited amounts on mailers, TV and radio ads, peer-to-peer texting and other independent expenditures for or against a candidate"
- “There’s no way a man could remember every single solitary abortion unless he kept an abortion journal, and I don’t know anyone who does that,” Walker said, before aides grabbed him and ushered him away from the microphone.
- From the article: "Nearly 90% of the money spent on pro-Republican television ads this midterm cycle has been from dark money groups, according to NPR's analysis of ad data. By comparison, 55% of spending on ads boosting Democrats has come from dark money organizations, which have exploded in number and influence since the U.S. Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United decision." Here is dy, and the report.
Per the NPR study: "If it weren't for these outside groups, Republican candidates would be swamped on the airwaves."
- "America has its own history of lying itself into wars, in Vietnam and Iraq, for example, and then prolonging the killing of young soldiers as a sop to male politicians’ egos. Now it’s Russia’s turn."
- "...we can be lulled into believing that truly terrible things won’t happen because they haven’t quite happened, and then they do."
- Maggot heads doing exactly what they accuse everyone else of doing.
- "We are a caring and compassionate community and will not resort to the depravity of the extremist Republicans who think dumping people off like garbage is deserving of a victory lap," said local organizers.
- "Like a driver making a screeching U-turn, Don Bolduc, the Republican Senate nominee in New Hampshire, pivoted on Thursday from his primary race to the general election, saying he had “come to the conclusion” that the 2020 presidential election “was not stolen,” after he had spent more than a year claiming it was.
“I’ve done a lot of research on this, and I’ve spent the past couple weeks talking to Granite Staters all over the state from every party, and I have come to the conclusion — and I want to be definitive on this — the election was not stolen,” Mr. Bolduc said in an interview on Fox News."
- Nothing illegal here.
- Essentially everything she is pointing out is a result of Citizens United. The original video is .
- Charges for voter fraud are filed on average 1.5 people per state per year.
- Great speech. Just wish he had actually meant it.
- He's doing it mostly with dark money, which would be illegal if it weren't for .
- The real 'grooming.'
- First she put to shame, then she upended Rand Paul, and now Sarah Palin tries a comeback. Ignorance is MTG's brand. She's extremely concerned, as we all should be.
- You are being watched.
- Tennessee doctors cancel abortion of a non-viable fetus, putting mother's life in jeopardy.
- Democrat leaders are pure scum.
- "Nonproliferation experts warn that’s enough fissile material for one nuclear weapon if Iran chose to pursue it.” What nonproliferations experts? Never identified. The statement is false, aka propaganda.
- “I think it’s going to take lots of women dying before we get back to a reasonable place.”
- Joe Biden, the nation is calling you. He refuses to take the call.
- "We have entered an era not of unsafe abortion but of widespread state surveillance and criminalization—of pregnant women, certainly, but also of doctors and pharmacists and clinic staffers and volunteers and friends and family members, of anyone who comes into meaningful contact with a pregnancy that does not end in a healthy birth.
Those who argue that this decision won’t actually change things much—an instinct you’ll find on both sides of the political divide—are blind to the ways in which state-level anti-abortion crusades have already turned pregnancy into punishment, and the ways in which the situation is poised to become much worse."
"In the states where abortion has been or will soon be banned, any pregnancy loss past an early cutoff can now potentially be investigated as a crime. Search histories, browsing histories, text messages, location data, payment data, information from period-tracking apps—prosecutors can examine all of it if they believe that the loss of a pregnancy may have been deliberate. Even if prosecutors fail to prove that an abortion took place, those who are investigated will be punished by the process, liable for whatever might be found."
Any pregnancy loss can now be investigated as a crime, and any pregnancy can be viewed as a potential crime.
- The justices will skulk off into the night without facing the American public with their pro-corporate and pro-ultra-right wing decisions. The whore court is now completely detached from the American people and the process for which it was originally designed. It no longer represents America.
- See full summarization entry of 7/20/21.
- And the terrified Democrats .
- We now know that Trump's children, staff and his Attorney General were all telling Trump that the Big Steal was 'BS' and a total fabrication, and also that Congressmen who participated in the insurrection were already asking for pardons before the riot even took place.
- "The was nearly always full." I pray that the Janes may not be needed again.
- A , and , by FSU faculty shows that the philosophy of 'the only way to stop bad people with guns is good people with guns' is absurd and immoral.
“Gun homicide rates in states with more permissive gun carry laws are 11% higher than states with stricter laws. And the probability of mass shootings increased by roughly 53% in states with more gun ownership.”
Note that the Uvalde mass shooting occurred in a state with some of the most permissive gun carry laws in America.
As for people who say we should not ‘politicize’ this tragedy, it’s worth mentioning that “The circumstances that make a mass murder of fourth graders possible are inherently political. The legal access to the weaponry involved is political. The most visible people refusing to see these things as political happen to be elected to political office.”
- As a candidate in 2020 Biden student debt for those making under $125,000/year. Another broken campaign pledge by Biden.
- This is the 4th major bone-headed gaff Biden has committed: last October he stated that he would to fix the supply-chain mess, then in March he stated that r’. Also in March, he seemed to imply that US troops .
This man is nearly 80 years old and is apparently at least a part-time delusional. He is leading the country for one reason: On 3/25/20, just prior to Super-Tuesday, Bernie had the lead in . Biden was considering withdrawing from the race. On that day Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) endorsed Biden which, along with Democratic party betrayals at the convention, over time effectively ended Bernie’s campaign. The endorsement was based purely on considerations of big donors. The Democratic establishment wanted to keep the money flowing into their pockets, regardless of what Democratic rank-and-file voters wanted.
Every time Biden makes another boneheaded statement or move - such as the catastrophic and of Afghanistan - we can send a note of thanks to Clyburn. That decision left over of the with, and were loyal to America to be . It also left over for them to use. The costs of this invasion, war and then abandonment will probably never be , and .
- That has been true .
- "...fear, anger and envy", that's what Republicans are peddling. Trump voters are lapping it up.
- From the article: "I’ve seen the unhinged misogynistic psychopaths on the right like Alito and Kavanaugh (whose appointments to the Court the Democrats rolled over for) who want women to be submissive incubators of the next generation of workers to exploit. But then I turn around and see the “good cop” blue politicians say that giving the psychopaths free rein is essential to our thriving democracy. When you show me Republicans and Democrats, I see criminals and their accomplices. Pinning hopes on the Democrats, after watching Biden campaign on codifying Roe and then sitting idly as this attack plays out, feels like a hostage situation."
- ...anti-choice Democrat Henry Cuellar who’s facing off against a progressive, pro-choice challenger.
- Example democrat: Cedric Richmond, Biden senior advisor: "AOC and the Squad are f'ing idiots." Before taking the Biden job, Richmond represented the 2nd district of Louisiana, in the nation, and one the most impacted by Oil & Gas industry pollution of the air and groundwater. . This causes major health issues for the citizens of Richmond's district. That district includes seven of the 10 most polluted geographic regions. It has the 5th highest incidence of cancer in the nation. Meanwhile, Richmond turned a blind eye to Oil & Gas industry violations, while he was getting the majority of his campaign funds from that industry.
This is your typical democratic politician, the type that is running the party, and making boneheaded decisions like nominating Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. In Nov. 2024 they will have given us Trump twice.
- per Ohio's Jean Schmidt
- Don't you just love that headline. The lady who is the subject of this article knows the answer.
- The fossil fuel industry .
- Today marks the day. After 50 years, Roe v Wade is now dead. Women no longer have control over their own health care or their own bodies. Less then 30% of Americans want Roe v Wade overturned, but now it is basically done. What is it going to take?
- "An expert on Stalin discusses Putin, Russia and the West."
- Another campaign promise broken.
- Also see the New Yorker of Ginni T's various conflicts of interest.
- This flies in the face of two claims that bitcoiners like to make:
1) Bitcoin is supposed to have no need for regulation or government rules. Yet here comes the government recovering losses for investors, because they have lost their money and they squeal in pain calling for mommy to come fix it. In the end they need the nanny-state that conservatives complain about.
2) Advocates of bitcoin have repeatedly said that there are so many checks and balances in their blockchain system that is it completely unhackable. But now we have an almost $4 Billion hack.
Anything on the web is hackable.
- No, Biden and the two party system are the enemy.
- 20,000 was the number of anti-vaxxers that were supposed to show up today, but many fewer were present. However 20,000 is . If they keep this up, they'll all be gone in no time.
- Catering to the rich/corporate ruling class is more important to the Democratic leadership than maintaining its majority in Congress.
and - This is the new Rush Limbaugh and the new direction of right-wing media.
- "More than twenty million people are on the brink of famine.
As Afghanistan’s economy implodes, the achievements of the past two decades in areas such as health care and education are collapsing"